Friday, December 24, 2010

What to do, what to do....

I got a call last week from Mr. B-the source of many of my finds. He's the fella with the warehouse full of polish I wrote about earlier? Seems that Mr. B's assistant was picked up by ICE and is getting sent back to his native country after trying legally to gain citizenship. This sucks on many levels-he is having to be separated from his wife and kids who are legal. It leaves Mr. B without anyone to help him run his business which really stinks because the assistant knew where all of the good stuff was. Mr. B is a man in his 60s who works as he puts it "6 and a half days a week"; at his age he should be getting ready to retire and enjoy the spoils of his business. I think it keeps him young though-he is sharp as a tack.

So Mr. B asks me if I want to come and be his assistant. Well, of course I want to! The only problem is I would have to commute 80 miles roundtrip every day, 5 days a week. I have a not-so-fuel efficient car nearing 100K miles that would hate that trip. Going down is fine but coming back up the mountain is tough on my car. She doesn't like it very much at all and since I haven't found a mechanic to date I can't afford any repairs to her right now. The other issue is as a single parent, I'd be in another state if something were to happen to my youngster while in school. Also, I actually like the job that I have.

So the cons are outweighing the pros but oh do I want to throw caution to the wind and say yes. I'm not going to right now, but I just have to get it off my chest that it is really tempting. I'd like to figure out a way to go down there 2 days a week and keep my current job. The wheels are turning!

1 comment:

  1. I'd be sorely tempted too...wonder if it's possible that you could own the biz one day??? Something to discuss with Mr. B if your both seriously thinking about it. Would THAT make it worth it now?

    ReplyDelete