Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year! (2 days late)

Oh, hello there 2011! Lemme tell you something, bub-I sure as heck hope you are better than 2010 was or I'm going to be writing a strongly worded letter to that Baby New Year's publicist. I'm just glad that school starts back tomorrow; my poor child is getting bored of me but is too polite to say anything. I am stoked that I won't have to wrestle him for computer time and wear myself out entertaining him in the evenings.

I've made no resolutions this year out loud at least. The usual ones are in my noggin like "drink more water" and "make a budget" and "stop eating take out for lunch". I do really want to weed out duplicates in my nail polish stash. Christmas day I was snowbound and alone (kiddo was at his father's) so I expelled a shoebox full of polishes. Nothing exciting I don't think. I don't know what to do with them. Might go on a wild frankening streak or something. I like the concept of frankening and have made some fairly acceptable new shades but for every "keeper" there are a dozen epic fails. I filled a spaghetti sauce jar with epic fails this year and am starting a new jar soon.

In dusty-ing news, this week (either Tuesday or Saturday) I'm heading to the Home for Wayward Polishes, wishlist and waitlist in hand to see what I can find. I hope Mr. B has found him a new assistant so I won't feel so bad for not being able to help him out. Maybe I'll go both days and see if I can lend him a hand. He can buy me hot dogs again for lunch! I'm definitely bringing the good camera this time to get some shots of the place. Words just don't do it justice I tell ya.

I've read about some great dusty finds from gals on the MUA nail board that give me hope. One girl found 2 bottles of OPI's La Boheme! That is at the top of my list. I cheated and indulged in some eBaying of one of the polishes I swore I would wait and hunt for-DS Glamour. This of course means that this week I'll find a box of them. Murphy's Law and whatnot.  I really don't have many lemmings right now-the only thing I really want to find is the OMG collex on my next dig. Since Tronika looks like scattered holo and I'm a linear kinda gal, the OMGs need to be obtained. That and OPI's SRO Silver or Paris Couture For Sure (I wanna say "Fer Sure" because I grew up in the 80s when Valley Girls were a thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment